Monday, May 21, 2007

What Everybody Ought to Know About Sitewide Links

I may have accidentally opened Pandora’s box with my question the other day on v7n forums. What asked was:
I was wondering if for example I got linked from someone’s blogroll and they have hundreds of pages with different PR how do SEs treat this link. Do I get a vote for every page with PR or do they just pick the highest PR page and count that only? And if it does count every link does it look bad when only one website links to you over and over again on hundreds of web pages?
This is discussion still ongoing but one user surprised me with their answer:
…I also read in one of their blogs that they are putting less weight by far to site wide links that seem unnatural or for example have the exact same Anchor Text. So if you are getting a site wide link you might consider talking to the webmaster and asking if your links can have a few different Anchor Text options so that they can be different…
If this is truly true then you might wanna re-think getting all those sitewide links in your next link building campaign instead you can settle for an inclusion in a high PR post instead.
But? I wanna hear what you guys got to say about this, is this indeed true if so how can we as SEOs use this to our advantage.
Thank you

(Seo)

No comments:

List